LET OUR FAMILY HELP YOUR FAMILY.
YOU WILL NOT SAVE MONEY BUYING “SELF-HELP” OR “DO-IT-YOURSELF” DIVORCE FORMS!! Too many people think they can download forms off the internet and, handle an uncontested divorce themselves. Unfortunately, the Courts require parties submitting divorces to follow the civil rules, the family court rules and any local rules. Most times an "uncontested" can become more expensive when you buy forms you can't use and, eventually have to hire an attorney to fix the situation. ALLOW US TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
When you have our firm represent you through your domestic relations proceedings we are attentive to both the financial and emotional aspects of the process. We will guide you along every step – from temporary issues like child custody/visitation/support, being allowed to remain in your home and making sure the bills get paid, to the long-term final outcome involving alimony/maintenance, child custody/visitation/support and division of assets. Allow us to work for you and your family’s best interest before, during and after the proceedings.
- Protecting children’s “best interests” in custody and visitation: You want a firm that is going to fight to protect your most precious asset – your child. Whether you are seeking sole custody, trying to get joint custody or merely trying to get visitation, it all comes down to what is in that child’s best interests. Allow us to help you get the Court to understand what your child needs most: you. Further, every family is different. When trying to craft a visitation schedule you need a law firm that understands guidelines are not for everyone! Our firm has over 20 years combined experience in crafting unique visitation schedules to meet your family’s and your child’s particular needs.
- Protecting your family’s financial needs through child support and maintenance/alimony: Whether you are being asked to pay or whether you are asking to receive child support and/or maintenance, it all comes down to making sure you and your family’s needs are being met. In today’s economy EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS!!! If you are asking to receive or being asked to pay make sure you have someone on your side who knows the legal process to help you get every dollar to which you are entitled or, to protect your money so you pay the absolute minimum required by law.
- Asset/debt division. While you are married you entwine your life with your spouse with the understanding that it’s going to be “forever.” Unfortunately, life does not always work out like we hope. Untangling assets and debts is a complex component of any divorce. Whether you are seeking to protect your non-marital property, trying to secure your share of the marital estate or trying to apportion marital debt, you need someone who understands finance and accounting so that you get the money to which you are entitled. Allow us to help you protect your interests.
UNMARRIED CHILD CUSTODY/VISITATION/SUPPORT & PATERNITY CASES:
In cases of unmarried couples, just because you have a child together does not mean you have “joint custody.” Custody is a legal term that comes from a Court by virtue of a Court Order. Allow us to help you protect or secure your custody rights. Even if you are not married, issues of visitation and support are still very important. You need someone protecting your legal rights and fighting for your child’s “best interests.”
EMERGENCY PROTECTIVE ORDERS (EPOS) & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ORDERS (DVOS):
Domestic violence and claims of domestic violence are very serious.
- Protecting your family with an EPO/DVO. Domestic violence, against you or a family member, is a terrifying thing. You may feel like no one is there to help you. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! If you or your child is the victim of domestic violence, you need a law firm that will fight to protect you so that it does not happen again. EPOs and DVOs can protect your family against unwanted contact or domestic violence. Further, if entered, that Order is on file with law enforcement in the event the perpetrator doesn’t “get the message.” That Order will also protect you and your family by preventing that person from owning or possessing a firearm. Allow us to help you and your family sleep better at night.
- Defending against false accusations of “domestic violence.” Allegations of abuse can carry criminal penalties. While we are prepared to defend you against criminal charges, sometimes those charges can also involve a person seeking an emergency protective order (EPO) or domestic violence order (DVO). Unfortunately, oftentimes people make false claims in hopes of getting custody/support/exclusive use of a home through an EPO or DVO. You need someone protecting your interests if you are accused falsely of domestic violence. Having an EPO or DVO entered against you carries serious consequences. Make sure you have someone fighting on your side.